Be prepared for the chat with your doctor
Making an appointment with your doctor to chat about quitting smoking is an important first step in your quit journey.
To make sure you get the most out of it, we’ve put together a downloadable list of questions to ask your doctor during your appointment, so you learn everything you need to know about quitting.
These are some of the questions your doctor can help answer:
- I’ve tried quitting before. What are all the options to help me quit smoking?
- How long could it take for me to quit?
- What are the chances of me quitting successfully?
- How will I feel when I’m quitting?
- If I’m already taking medication, or have a medical history, can I still have a quit attempt?
- How will my body and health improve when I stop smoking?
- Am I likely to gain weight when I quit?
- What is a patient support program, and how will it help me?
- Do I need to regularly see my doctor as I quit?
We recommend you download and print this checklist before your doctor’s appointment. You’ll find space to jot down extra questions and what goals you've set for yourself. That way, you can feel comfortable knowing you’re prepared to start your quit journey.